Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Computer Problems

today was a great day for me. i went out with my mates and played Counter Strike for about 3 hours straight without even realising it. Man that game is addictive. anyways, i had a lot of fun toDAY as my girl also came back to auckland. however since i got home, everything has been going horribly wrong for me. i thought it would be peaceful and i can finally relax. But no. no rest for me... NEVER!! i got home and it was straight to helping out with the chores. didnt even have time to take my shoes off. finally, relaxed a bit and made a mistake of wanting to do some more work on my computer. BAD IDEA!!! i wanted to attach a Slave drive to my PC and get 2 CD drives working. i had to fix a cable for that. ok, so i turned my computer off and made the necessary attachements after hours of fiddling with the CD drive IDE cable. turn the switch on GUESS WHAT??? the darn thing decides to play up. nothing works. the monitor wouldnt come on. the drive wouldnt boot and it kept beeping. oh great. i stuffed this up. and all this was happening while i was talking to my girl on the phone. she has also come down with the flu. i think i might have caught it from her the last time i saw her. Dont ask how. anyways, she was really sick and was hardly in the mood to talk and my computer not working wasnt exactly helping. so after about an hour of trying to multitask, i gave up on my PC and properly started to talk to her. but i think the combination of her beeing peeved at me and being sick meant that it didnt last as long as i had hoped she would. she hung up after another hour or so leaving me holding the phone hoping she would say what it was that i wanted to hear. but that didnt happen. so, i tried to sleep after that. but i was so angry at my pc. coz it was all the stupid PCs fault, if it had worked when i commanded it to work, me and her would still have been talking. so i got out of my bed in a bit of anger and took it out on my PC. disconnected EVERYTHING inside and outside and started freash. i even unscrewed the motherboard and pulled it out. i didnt go as far as removing the processor though. i was very tempted to do that but i had to keep some control. so i started to put the whole thing back together piece by piece and testing it after each new piece was added. right now i got only 1 hard drive and 1 CDRW working along with the floppy drive. good thing is i got holidays at the moment. not the best time for my PC to mess around with me. coz i got all the time in the world to show it whos the boss around here. Moral of the story: if something gets so complicated that nothing seems to work or make sense. stop, pull every little piece of it apart and start again from scratch. i meanwhile have gotta now think up of how i am gonna make it up to my gal. adios. till next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ur gal ur gal ur gal...sounds like a mantra..!!!