Monday, June 08, 2009

The big shuffle up

so, todays entry begins with a bit of a sad news really. my sister and my brother in law are moving away with their beloved pet jack and as part of their moving away wind-up, they are getting rid of most of their possesions by doing what normal people do and selling a lot of them on trade-me. but to save them the hassle, i agreed to take a few of their things. shelving units mostly.... coz only i know how badly my room needs it.

so, today i picked them up and brought them back to my room... and surprisingly, they fit pretty much as well as i guessed they would (prior to what other said). but as part of that fitting to take place, i had to get rid of my "box-o-memories" which is where i had taken all of my stuff after year 1 semester 1 from uni and put them in there.... with all my high school stuff and had sealed it.

i finally opened that box today.

and i must say that it took me forever to go through all my memories.. some of them are about 9 years old... and still as fresh as the day i packed them. my favorite of them, my sheet music from high school band (i used to play the trombone). not many friends who claim to know me very well now know of that. but at one point in my life, it used to be a big things for me.

stuff included my year 13 electronics final year report. harry potter and david gemmell books. all my high school year books. letter of rejection from auckland uni from when i had applied there. so on and so forth. wow.... wasnt this a trip down memory lane.

oh well.. best to leave the past behind and move on... i am over my nostalgia moment now...

but i leave you with this question, have you ever tried this, packed all your memories up to a certain point in your life?? everything including bank statements and university letters. you will remember a lot more things than you packed when you open them..


try it out
ciao

2 comments:

LOKU said...

hehe true dude, memories all around me actually..only i know where they have been kept some packed, some lying around yet so overlooked by the naked eye...some intangible..but i totally get you..just before i leave u to it..."trambone..." WOW

S Dave said...

yea dude.... that was me back in the days....